USPS Offers Postage Discount / Jelly Bean Facts
The United States Postal Service is again offering a postage discount to mailers who use a two-dimensional barcode (QR Code), or personalization leading to a PURL, in their mail campaigns from July 1, 2012, through August 31, 2012. More specific information will follow in subsequent emails.
- Jelly beans are big this time of year, so we felt compelled to bring more awareness with these facts:
- On October 15, 1999, the world’s largest jar of jelly beans was unveiled. It weighed 6,050 pounds.
- April 22nd is National Jelly Bean Day.
- Each year, U.S. manufacturers produce more than 16 billion jelly beans for Easter -- that's enough to completely fill a plastic Easter egg 89 feet high and 60 feet wide (about the height of a nine-story office building).
- For you Ronald Reagan fans, Blueberry flavor was created for Ronald Reagan's presidential inauguration in 1981, when over three tons of Jelly Belly beans were consumed during the festivities.
Congratulations to Jack Padovano from Direct Response Group in Phoenix, AZ. He is the winner of the book Data-Driven Marketing by Mark Jeffery. We will do more giveaways as the year progresses!
Please login first in order for you to submit comments